Windows 10 includes a built-in alarm app for convenient sleep schedules and reminders. This is how to setup and employ alarms in Windows 10.
On Windows 10, you can find an app called “Alarms & Clock” that allows you to setup alarms, timer, as well as functions like a stopwatch. Obviously, the app can also work like a clock and show the present amount of time in different cities, and timezones.
Though a vast most of people use their phone being an alarm, there might be situations in which you want to use an alarm in Windows 10. This is also true if you are unable to use your phone for whatever reason.
Unlike the regular alarm clock apps, the Windows 10 alarms app could be a bit confusing for new users, mainly because of their unintuitive interface. Fortunately, it’s pretty simple to use. If you ever have to wake promptly or get a quick reminder, you can use the Alarms & Clock app to setup a quick alarm.
In this quick and simple guide, let me demonstrate the steps to make use of alarms in Windows 10.
How to use alarms in Windows 10
To set up and employ alarm in Windows 10, stick to the steps below.
1. Open the “Alarms & Clock” app. You can do that by looking it up within the Start menu. Alternatively, there are also and open it up in the app list within the Start menu.
2. Select the “Alarms” tab within the top bar of the Alarms & Clocks app.
3. Click the “Add” button appearing towards the bottom bar. This method enables you to produce a new alarm.
4. First, select the time from the scroll menu. It is now time at which the alarm is triggered.
5. Next, name the alarm by hitting the “Alarm name” field. Because the app lets you set multiple alarms in Windows 10, using a good name makes it easy to distinguish them.
6. Click on the “Repeat” option and choose the times on which the alarm should trigger. In my case, I decided all of the days so that the alarm triggers every day at the with time.
7. Click on the “Sound” option and choose the alarm sound of your liking. With my case, I selected to allow the default sound be out of the box.
8. Click the “Snooze” option and select the snooze time. This method lets you stop and reset the alarm for that selected time period. I selected the default Ten minutes option.
9. Finally, click on the “Save” icon towards the bottom bar from the Alarms & Clock app.
That is all. You’ve created a new alarm in Windows 10 and you can see it under the “Alarms” tab within the “Alarms & Clock” app. Following a same steps, you may create multiple alarms. Simply click on the “Add” button, change the settings as needed, and click on the “Save” button.
If you don’t want an alarm, you may either turn it off or delete it entirely. To delete an alarm, right-click on it and choose the “Delete” option.